Be a match Find the cure

Every 20 minutes, someone only in the UK is told they have a blood cancer such as leukaemia. That’s 70 people a day, 25,000 people a year. Blood cancer is an umbrella term for cancers that affect the blood, bone marrow and lymphatic system.

In many haematological and non haematological conditions, THE only hope of cure is stem cell transplantations. There is a desperate need to increase the stem cell registry from people of ethnic back ground. There is a huge transplant community nationally and internationally such as Anthony Nolan and international stem cell registry.

Despite this still we face with extreme difficulty finding a match for People with mixed and ethnic background. For wider Stem cell registry and safe blood donation awareness we need visual aid, involvement of priest, imams and other religious leaders from especially ethnic people.

Too difficult and not possible approach has to be forgotten and buried.

My mother and 2 sisters inaugurated the screening programme, bhatera, Kulaura.

There are some bloods and blood related disorder can be cured with successful stem cell transplantations. The ideas of enhancing the registry and donor from African and Asian ancestry drive Janaan Health to work with other donor organizations to create awareness and volunteering to be donor via various community groups, imams in the mosques and priest in the church. Also seminars symposiums in various educational facilities. About 30% of people in need can find a suitable donor in their family. But the other 70% rely on a stranger to save their lives.
Anthony Nolan helps that 70% find those precious matches.

We have over 500,000 adults on our register; we’re constantly working to increase that number. Every time someone comes to us in need of a transplant, we check our register for a match. And we make more than 1,000 matches every year ,TO SAVE AND IMPROVE THE LIVES OF EVERYONE WHO is suffering from cancer. ( Anthony Nolan Trust) Janaan Health will be working towards Global enhancement of stem cell registry by encouraging more donors from afro Asian background. The only way we can deliver and increase the donor pool by creating awareness, involving the community leaders, priest and Imams to give sermon advice why and how to be donor to save lives from religious perspectives.

We need global co operation, working closely with Anthony Nolan and international sct registry. There are three main groups of blood cancer: leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma.

Some types are more common than others:

  • Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is the sixth most common cancer in the UK
  • Leukaemia is the eleventh most common cancer in the UK.

Other types of blood cancer – such as myeloma – are less common.
Stem cells are the body’s primary cells. All other cells, tissue, organs and bones develop from stem cells. Blood stem cells – also known as haematopoietic stem cells – are found in our bone marrow. Blood stem cells make lots of different blood cells, which all play a specific and vital part in keeping our blood healthy. For example, blood stem cells can create red blood cells, which carry oxygen around our body and white blood cells, which help us fight infections and platelets prevents bleeding.

Our red and white blood cells don’t live very long. So we depend on stem cells to continuously make fresh blood cells to replace the ones that dies naturally. For us to be healthy, our blood stem cells produce exactly the right amount of each type of blood cell. this is a carefully controlled process if goes wrong, someone might develop a blood cancer such as leukaemia or another blood disease or disorder. people with good health can be a donor and can contact Anthony Nolan, HNS blood and Transplant etc for more information’s.